Thursday 30 November 2017

November Light

Hello, thank you for calling in.  November is almost over and I haven't shared any of it with you, so I reckon I should get a move on because December is almost upon us.

November has, for me, been all about light and colour.  On the first Saturday of the month I spent a day training in a village hall in the Shropshire countryside.  The sky was deep blue, the sunlight still retaining the golden hue I always associate with April and October.  It was warm enough for us to sit outside to eat our lunch and enjoy this view - 


The Best Beloved and I went to walk in the woods on Wenlock Edge, enjoying the intense colours which the sunshine flamed.


 



I crocheted another rainbow baby blanket.  The Teacher is so pleased with the one I made for Tom Kitten that she has asked me to make some more for her pregnant friends and of course I agreed - I am thrilled that there are young women who like handmade blankets!


As the month progressed, the blue skies paled and most of the leaves lost their hold on the trees, although the oak leaves are still clinging on.  We went out for a walk in the woods with The Teacher and Tom Kitten, I like to think that it's never to early to introduce a child to the wonders of the woods (he was seven weeks old) but he slept his way through it and didn't notice the sky darken as the sun set below the horizon.



Of course, November is also about Christmas lights as our towns become all twinkly in an effort to persuade us to venture forth and spend money in their shops.  I LOVE Christmas lights, indoors and outdoors, and when I was younger I used to love the bustle of the shops at this time of year in the evenings, when their warm light spills out to dispel the darkness and the twinkles are twinkling up above.  Last Sunday afternoon the Best Beloved and I went to the theatre in Shrewsbury and this is what The Square looked like at 4.30pm. - 


For the last few years, my Christmas celebrations have been rather muted; there have been gifts and some decorations, there's been family and modest feasting but it's all been a bit low-key and the Best Beloved's stated aversion to Christmas music, films and television has prevailed.  This year, however, I think - I hope - it's going to be different.  He says that he is ready for it this year.  Perhaps it's because of the light a new baby has brought into our lives?  

See you soon.

Love, Mrs Tiggywinkle x 




9 comments:

  1. You'll both be seeing the world through new eyes from now on. Such a joy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really has changed almost everything for us. x

      Delete
  2. It sounds like this year is going to be very special. Sending lots of best wishes to all your family as you prepare for 'Tom Kitten's' first Christmas! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of your woodland walks and the cheerful lights in Shrewsbury. Christmas will be different this year now Tom Kitten is part of your family, I hope you all have a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy the festive season. I love seeing a familiar place on a blog and what with working in Shrewsbury and knowing that walk on wenlock edge very well it all feels very comforting. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Jo. Thank you. x

      Delete
  5. I so love Christmas, every minute of it. Our daughter always comes to stay and it's the one time of year we know we're all going to be together and that's what makes it so special for me.

    ReplyDelete